Back by popular demand I would like to introduce to you the new blog! Now that I have officially retired from lab rat hell, I think I will finally have time to commit to another blog. (Although once we are in the throws of diaper changes, feedings and endless loads of laundry, I make no promises as to how often I will find time to post.) I've wanted to start this for a while now and document some of the ups and downs of pregnancy (i.e. crazy whacked out hormones that make you cry at the drop of a hat) before our little Baby Love (affectionately named so by one of my former co-workers) makes her debut into this world. But I just couldn't get it together until now. What can I say? Gestating is hard work. I hope this blog will help to keep our friends and family updated on our little baby girl as well as provide some comic relief as you watch two newbie parents fumble their way through first time parenthood. I see serious amusement in your near future. There will be updates on milestones and plenty of cute smiley pictures, but I also hope to add an element of reality by sharing some of the real stories of parenthood. Reader be warned...stories of spit-up and exploding poop will not be off limits. Although I'll try not to become one of those mothers that can only talk about her child's bodily functions.
I'm currently almost 26 weeks prego and so far my pregnancy has been happily uneventful. I had no morning sickness to speak of, all our ultrasounds and appointments have ended in good news and except for the expected discomforts of pregnancy (which you will hear plenty about soon enough), I can't really complain (too much). Phil and I are amazed and fascinated daily by the changes happening to my body, although the slow disappearance of my belly button is admittedly a little disturbing. Baby Love is beginning to move a lot more frequently lately (although still somewhat sporadically) and just recently we've been able to actually see my belly move with some of her stronger movements. Fascinating indeed.
I'm currently almost 26 weeks prego and so far my pregnancy has been happily uneventful. I had no morning sickness to speak of, all our ultrasounds and appointments have ended in good news and except for the expected discomforts of pregnancy (which you will hear plenty about soon enough), I can't really complain (too much). Phil and I are amazed and fascinated daily by the changes happening to my body, although the slow disappearance of my belly button is admittedly a little disturbing. Baby Love is beginning to move a lot more frequently lately (although still somewhat sporadically) and just recently we've been able to actually see my belly move with some of her stronger movements. Fascinating indeed.
We're excited to meet our little Baby Love (I promise that won't be her real name) and we hope you enjoy following along on our adventure. Even if your amusement comes at our expense. Much, much more to come.....
I am so happy to be the first to leave a comment. Wow! What a great idea...looking forward to following you all the along the way until little 'Baby Love' arrives.
ReplyDeleteXXOO
Lynn
love, love, love it! can't wait for more updates. :) Makes the miles seem shorter. Debbie
ReplyDeleteI'm the third; missed it yesterday due to the monthly book club. I am so glad you are blogging again. Will be anxiously awaiting the next post. Love you three! Mom
ReplyDeleteWoot woot! I love following friends' blogs. It really helps to feel connected to you. Hope to see you soon! <3
ReplyDeleteCat