Elodie is almost 1!!! My how time flies. Well, at least partly. Those first 6 months honestly seemed like a lifetime. But the last 6 have just zoomed past us in the blink of an eye.
Elodie is so much fun these days....when she isn't tired, hungry, or thirsty that is! She laughs at the most ridiculous things and cracks us up daily. Her new favorite game is to roll around on the floor like a crazy person. Seriously. It's hysterical. When it's not frightening. She basically leans over and folds herself in half (from a sitting position), leans to one side and then rolls onto her back and laughs like it's the funniest thing in the world. Then she rolls over to her belly, pushes herself back to sit and starts all over again. Except sometimes she just decides to fall backwards and has bonked her head a few times in the process. I seriously have to watch her like a hawk to make sure she doesn't attempt this on our hard tile floor. Or in the bathtub. Or next to a hard piece of furniture. Aye, yai, yai. She's nuts.
And even though she hasn't said any "real" words yet, she is really learning to communicate! She will definitely let you know if she doesn't want something by shaking her head. She's got "no" down pat. I wouldn't be surprised if that was her first word. Also when she is done eating she will grab her bib and pull it off "telling" us that she is all done. And if she scoots up next to you, with arms out to the side and looks up at you it means she wants to be picked up. And most recently she has started to learn to blow kisses. Seriously. It's the cutest thing. Ever. The other night she did it in the bathtub and smacked herself in the face with a big 'ol handful of bubbles. The level of craziness and cuteness is seriously off the hook these days.
Unfortunately thanks to a vicious pantry attack, we haven't been able to do Elodie's new favorite activity, swimming. (Although Daddy did fill in for me one day.) As many of you know, I had a little "incident" with a bottle. And yes, it was a beer bottle. And no I wasn't drinking at 9:30 in the morning. I was rooting around in the pantry for a collapsible cooler for Elodie's lunch. I reached to move some shopping bags out of the way and a beer bottle on the floor jumped out and attacked me. Lucky for me the beer bottle was more busted up than I was. Although that did mean there was a colossal mess to clean up while I dripped blood down my leg and our house smelled like a kegger for the rest of the day. Most lucky of all is that Elodie was asleep during this brutal attack and didn't have to witness the bloodshed. Phil was kind enough to come home (I know he hates being taken away from his work!) and escort us to Urgent Care. Thirty-five minutes later (yes, it was actually that quick!) and I had three stitches in my ankle and we were on our way to lunch. And that was my excitement for last week. I will take my stitches out tomorrow (the Doc told me how!) and after that we should be all cleared for swimming. Which will be a nice respite from this crazy heat. Um, is it Fall yet?!?!
Enough idle chatter. Onto the good stuff! Pictures!
We're trying to keep Elodie's Birthday low key. On Friday, her actual birthday, we are having lunch with Grandma and Grandpa. Then on Saturday we are having a small little party with some of our friends. Mostly it's just an excuse for us to have some friends over for a change. There should only be a few other kids around so hopefully it won't get too crazy. Because I don't deal with that well. At all. So don't be expecting us to have six more kids. Ain't gonna happen. For now we are just happy to be celebrating our beautiful little girl's first birthday!
(Oh, and for some reason the spell check isn't working. And yes, I'm a poor excuse for an English Teacher's daughter. Don't judge me. I'm more into all things science-y, than grammar-y.)
Elodie is so much fun these days....when she isn't tired, hungry, or thirsty that is! She laughs at the most ridiculous things and cracks us up daily. Her new favorite game is to roll around on the floor like a crazy person. Seriously. It's hysterical. When it's not frightening. She basically leans over and folds herself in half (from a sitting position), leans to one side and then rolls onto her back and laughs like it's the funniest thing in the world. Then she rolls over to her belly, pushes herself back to sit and starts all over again. Except sometimes she just decides to fall backwards and has bonked her head a few times in the process. I seriously have to watch her like a hawk to make sure she doesn't attempt this on our hard tile floor. Or in the bathtub. Or next to a hard piece of furniture. Aye, yai, yai. She's nuts.
And even though she hasn't said any "real" words yet, she is really learning to communicate! She will definitely let you know if she doesn't want something by shaking her head. She's got "no" down pat. I wouldn't be surprised if that was her first word. Also when she is done eating she will grab her bib and pull it off "telling" us that she is all done. And if she scoots up next to you, with arms out to the side and looks up at you it means she wants to be picked up. And most recently she has started to learn to blow kisses. Seriously. It's the cutest thing. Ever. The other night she did it in the bathtub and smacked herself in the face with a big 'ol handful of bubbles. The level of craziness and cuteness is seriously off the hook these days.
Unfortunately thanks to a vicious pantry attack, we haven't been able to do Elodie's new favorite activity, swimming. (Although Daddy did fill in for me one day.) As many of you know, I had a little "incident" with a bottle. And yes, it was a beer bottle. And no I wasn't drinking at 9:30 in the morning. I was rooting around in the pantry for a collapsible cooler for Elodie's lunch. I reached to move some shopping bags out of the way and a beer bottle on the floor jumped out and attacked me. Lucky for me the beer bottle was more busted up than I was. Although that did mean there was a colossal mess to clean up while I dripped blood down my leg and our house smelled like a kegger for the rest of the day. Most lucky of all is that Elodie was asleep during this brutal attack and didn't have to witness the bloodshed. Phil was kind enough to come home (I know he hates being taken away from his work!) and escort us to Urgent Care. Thirty-five minutes later (yes, it was actually that quick!) and I had three stitches in my ankle and we were on our way to lunch. And that was my excitement for last week. I will take my stitches out tomorrow (the Doc told me how!) and after that we should be all cleared for swimming. Which will be a nice respite from this crazy heat. Um, is it Fall yet?!?!
Enough idle chatter. Onto the good stuff! Pictures!
Sportin' Daddy's hat and the hippie shirt Daddy made for her.
Bath time has taken on a whole new meaning these days!
Her Exersaucer converted to a new fun table. Well, actually, it's pretty much the same thing as before just put together differently. But shhh....don't tell Elodie.
Enjoying a post swim rice cake. Pre attack that is.
We're trying to keep Elodie's Birthday low key. On Friday, her actual birthday, we are having lunch with Grandma and Grandpa. Then on Saturday we are having a small little party with some of our friends. Mostly it's just an excuse for us to have some friends over for a change. There should only be a few other kids around so hopefully it won't get too crazy. Because I don't deal with that well. At all. So don't be expecting us to have six more kids. Ain't gonna happen. For now we are just happy to be celebrating our beautiful little girl's first birthday!
(Oh, and for some reason the spell check isn't working. And yes, I'm a poor excuse for an English Teacher's daughter. Don't judge me. I'm more into all things science-y, than grammar-y.)

Happy first birthday to our darling Elodie. Yes, the year has flown by so quickly. It's hard to believe that she is almost one.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see her and give her some belated birthday kisses.
XXOO Grandma Lynn
The pictures of Elodie are cute, but I want to see a photo of your messed up foot! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great Elodie update....We are looking forward to seeing her, and you guys also...Love, Sarasota Dad
ReplyDelete