Well, not much new to really report. Elodie is doing well and making us laugh and smile everyday. She's expanded her repertoire of solid foods. Currently she eats pears (of course!), bananas, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, avocados and most recently prunes. She's also starting to develop her "pincer grasp", which she nicely tested out on my nose last night. So I may decide to start her on some little finger foods soon. Her pincer grasp is still somewhat crude so I don't think she's quite ready. But I bought some "puffs" made for babies that melt in their mouths, so I might try to introduce those at some point. She had a couple shots the other day, and it went surprisingly well. She amazed me by only crying for a couple minutes. Oh, and I think I forgot to mention that she is, and has been for some time, off of her reflux meds. This sort of happened by default after I spilled her medication, not once, but twice. And our insurance only pays for it at certain time intervals. So rather than paying a ridiculously high price for it (again!), I decided to test the waters and see if she still needed it. And lucky for me she did great, so she's been off of it since right before Christmas. Oh, and her new favorite thing is to grab my face, neck and chest and scratch me with her razor sharp baby finger nails. Awesome.
We hosted a Super Bowl party last Sunday. First "party" since Elodie arrived. And by party I mean two other couples and their children. We didn't want to get too crazy now. And let's just say that hosting a party once you are a parent and kids are involved is not as relaxing and fun as it once was. It was chaotic to say the least. Kids were running around, Elodie cried a lot, I shattered a beer on our tile floor (I'm the klutz of the house apparently), and the green chile and bacon queso almost got burned into my Mom's crock pot. (Don't worry, I got it cleaned up!) But everyone was fed and happy (I hope), and I think there might have been a good football game on, but I don't really know. I didn't get to chat with my friends as much as I would have liked, but I guess I better get used to it. Such is the life of a parent.
Other than that the big news here is that Mommy and Daddy finally went out on a date. (gasp!) I know! First one since our anniversary, pre-Elodie. Elodie is currently only letting me feed her and put her to bed (oh, joy!), so I put her down for the night around seven and we left Grandma with a movie to watch, and we headed out to our favorite French restaurant, Le Crepe Michel. Oh, and was it divine! French onion soup, baked chevre en croute, sea bass and pork chops for our entrees and crepes with Nutella, chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Oh, and a glass of vino to wash it all down. Which was nice enough to leave me with a little headache the next morning. Yay me! I'm officially old and pathetic.
Anyhoo, I didn't have much to say but thought everyone probably needed their Elodie fix for the week. I know how bad those withdrawals can be. So here you go!
We hosted a Super Bowl party last Sunday. First "party" since Elodie arrived. And by party I mean two other couples and their children. We didn't want to get too crazy now. And let's just say that hosting a party once you are a parent and kids are involved is not as relaxing and fun as it once was. It was chaotic to say the least. Kids were running around, Elodie cried a lot, I shattered a beer on our tile floor (I'm the klutz of the house apparently), and the green chile and bacon queso almost got burned into my Mom's crock pot. (Don't worry, I got it cleaned up!) But everyone was fed and happy (I hope), and I think there might have been a good football game on, but I don't really know. I didn't get to chat with my friends as much as I would have liked, but I guess I better get used to it. Such is the life of a parent.
Other than that the big news here is that Mommy and Daddy finally went out on a date. (gasp!) I know! First one since our anniversary, pre-Elodie. Elodie is currently only letting me feed her and put her to bed (oh, joy!), so I put her down for the night around seven and we left Grandma with a movie to watch, and we headed out to our favorite French restaurant, Le Crepe Michel. Oh, and was it divine! French onion soup, baked chevre en croute, sea bass and pork chops for our entrees and crepes with Nutella, chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Oh, and a glass of vino to wash it all down. Which was nice enough to leave me with a little headache the next morning. Yay me! I'm officially old and pathetic.
Anyhoo, I didn't have much to say but thought everyone probably needed their Elodie fix for the week. I know how bad those withdrawals can be. So here you go!
Surprise Mommy! I stayed on my back this time!
Our little cupcake.
Avocado face!
Our cutie patootie. (In a size 2T shirt!)
But I want to touch you Pumpkin!!!
Thanks for the Elodie fix. I will be up in person to get another one this week. Can't wait! Love you three, Grandma Jean
ReplyDelete